Follow Us on Twitter

Han Solo spin-off loses co-directors Phil Lord and Christopher Miller

Han Solo Spin-off

Story by Jack Foley

PHIL Lord and Christopher Miller, co-directors of the forthcoming Han Solo spin-off movie, have left the project over creative differences.

Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy made the announcement, citing ‘different creative visions’ for the film.

She said: “Phil Lord and Christopher Miller are talented film-makers who have assembled an incredible cast and crew, but it’s become clear that we had different creative visions on this film, and we’ve decided to part ways.”

In a separate statement, Lord and Miller said: “Unfortunately, our vision and process weren’t aligned with our partners on this project. We normally aren’t fans of the phrase ‘creative differences’, but for once this cliché is true. We are really proud of the amazing and world-class work of our cast and crew.”

Lord and Miller made their name with the critically-acclaimed movies The Lego Movie and both 21 Jump Street films.

They were snapped up for the Han Solo spin-off in 2015 and had been working on the as-yet-untitled film at London’s Pinewood Studios.

Alden Ehrenreich is playing the role of Han Solo alongside a cast that also includes Tessa Thompson, Woody Harrelson, Donald Glover and Zoe Kravitz.

At the moment, no new director has been announced, although Ron Howard is reportedly in contention. It is not yet known whether the departure will affect the film’s release date of May 25, 2018.