Quentin Tarantino names his top 10 films of 2013 so far...
Story by Jack Foley
QUENTIN Tarantino has unveiled his 10 favourite films of 2013 so far.
The director has decided to post the list on his website ‘as an exclusive during the [US] government shutdown’.
And there are some indie choices, which show how diverse a taste the filmmaker has: most notably Noah Baumbach’s Frances Ha and Joe Swanberg’s soon-to-be-released Drinking Buddies.
Horror movie The Conjuring also makes the shortlist so far. But the year still has three months left to run, of course, so the list is far from being final as awards season gets into full swing.
Anyway, here’s the 10 he rates so far, posted in alphabetical order…
1) Afternoon Delight (Jill Soloway)
2) Before Midnight (Richard Linklater)
3) Blue Jasmine (Woody Allen)
4) The Conjuring (James Wan)rp
5) Drinking Buddies (Joe Swanberg)
6) Frances Ha (Noah Baumbach)
7) Gravity (Alfonso Cuarón)
8) Kick Ass 2 (Jeff Wadlow)
9) The Lone Ranger (Gore Verbinski)
10) This Is The End (Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg)