24 to get eighth season
Story by Jack Foley
HIT real-time series 24 is to get an eighth season, according to its executive producer Howard Gordon.
In an interview with entertainment channel E!, Gordon revealed that the creators of the Kiefer Sutherland star vehicle were “gearing up for a May start date”.
He added: “I’m with the writers now just putting our heads together, coming up with an idea. Unless we fail to come up with an idea that’s satisfactory, you’ll see an eighth season.”
Day seven of the long-running series has been largely welcomed as a return to form after the disappointment of Day 6, with the fresh approach and new locations (switching from LA to Washington) a key factor.
However, while Jack Bauer fans can rejoice for at least another year, Gordon did sound a note of warning that Day 8 could be Bauer’s last. And he refused to be drawn on whether plans for a movie version of the series had been shelved.
Worse, he even hinted at the possibility of Jack going out in a blaze of glory, stating: “We may decide ultimately if there’s not a movie [story] worth telling, Jack may see his last day on television. He could die in the series. I think that’s possible.”
- Buy the 2-disc extended collector's edition of 24: Redemption (Amazon)
- Buy the 1-disc version (Amazon)
- 24: Day 7 - 1pm to 2pm reviewed
- 24: Day 7 - 12pm to 1pm reviewed
- 24: Day 7 (Pilot episode reviewed)
- 24: Redemption Reviewed
- 24: Season 6 Reviewed
- 24: Season 6 - First 2 hours reviewed
- 24: Season 6: 8am to 10am reviewed
- 24: Season 6 - Morris torture reviewed
- 24: Season 6 - America angered by torure scenes
- 24 renewed until 2009 as revamp promised
- Read our review of Season 5
- 24: Behind The Scenes
- 24: Season 4 reviewed
- 24: Season 3 reviewed
- 24: Season 2 review
- 24: Season 1 review