Britney Spears to appear in Glee
Story by Jack Foley
BRITNEY Spears is to make a cameo appearance in hit US TV series Glee, the show’s creator has now confirmed.
According to Ryan Murphy, the 28-year-old singer will appear as part of a “reverential” episode featuring her music. The songs themselves, meanwhile, will form part of a number of fantasy sequences that are set in motion when the characters visit the dentist and are put under anaesthetic.
Murphy told Ryan Seacrest’s morning radio show: “Britney, I think 100%, is going to be on the episode. She is going to come and do a couple of scenes.
“It’s about her music and not her personal life. We’re handling Britney with sort of kid gloves. I really admire what she’s done with her life and how she’s turned things around,” he added, promising that the show wouldn’t be seeking into any of the more controversial elements of Spears’ persona life.
As Glee‘s popularity continues to rise, Murphy also revealed that several high profile names had asked if they could appear in future shows.
Addressing the continued speculation surrounding Spanish Oscar winner Javier Bardem – whom he recently directed in the film Eat Pray Love alongside Julia Roberts – Murphy confirmed that he had asked to appear on the show as “a weird Spanish rock and roll star”.
Sir Paul McCartney and Britain’s Got Talent runner-up Susan Boyle are also potential guests for the new series, which begins in the US next month.
Next story: BBC’s Sherlock will return for second run
- Glee Website (UK)
- Buy Glee: The Music - Volume 3: Showstoppers (Amazon)
- Buy Glee: The Power of Madonna (Amazon)
- Buy Glee: Road To Sectionals - Volume 1 (Amazon)
- Buy Glee: The Music - Volume 2 (Amazon)
- Buy Glee: The Music - Volume 1 (Amazon)
- Glee - The Road To Sectionals, Volume 1 reviewed
- Glee - The Music, Volume 1 reviewed
- Glee - The Music, Volume 2 reviewed
- Glee - First two episodes reviewed
- Glee triumphs at Golden Globes
- Glee Photo Gallery