Californication: Top 10 Hank Moody Quotes
Feature by Jack Foley
TO celebrate the fact you can now watch the complete 1 – 7 series of Californication on Sky Box Sets (or with the NOW TV Entertainment Month Pass), we’ve decided to draw up a list of leading man Hank Moody’s best quotes.
Californication was an American comedy-drama television series created by Tom Kapinos that featured David Duchovny as New Yorker Hank Moody, a troubled novelist who moves to California and suffers from writer’s block.
His drinking, womanizing and drug abuse complicates his relationships with his long-time lover, Karen (Natascha McElhone), and their daughter Becca (Madeleine Martin), leading to many missed opportunities.
The show was nominated for many awards and won several, including winning two Emmy Awards (nominated for two others) and one Golden Globe Award (nominated for five others) for leading man Duchovny.
So, without further ado, here are Hank Moody’s top 10 quotes (or his guide to life)…
1) A morning of awkwardness is far better than a night of loneliness
2) There is no life without love. None worth having, anyway.
3.) Two people of the opposite gender can’t rendezvous after seven p.m.? It’s automatically a date?
4) Despite all evidence to the contrary, I am a gentleman.
5) I probably won’t go down in history, but I will go down on your sister.
6) I don’t just say shit. I mean, I do talk a lot of shit, but I generally mean what I say and I say what I mean.
7) Down the road, job opportunities tend to dwindle for those in the more naked professions.
8) Don’t be niggardly with your emotions. Just run it up the flagpole and see who salutes.
9) Integrity. That’s a fine quality in a mistress.
10) Friends don’t let friends bang each other’s soul mates.
Californication is available now on Sky Box Sets and Now TV.