Freddie Prinze Jr joins 24
Story by Jack Foley
FREDDIE Prinze Jr. has joined the cast of real-time thriller 24 as a new CTU recruit.
According to the Hollywood Reporter, the actor will feature as a series regular as Davis Cole, a recently returned Marine who runs CTU Field Ops. He also wants to follow in Jack Bauer’s (Kiefer Sutherland) footsteps.
Production on the eighth season of 24 is now underway and new cast members are being announced all the time.
Slumdog Millionaire star Anil Kapoor has already been announced to guest star as a Middle East leader, while Chris Diamantopoulos will play the president’s new chief of staff and John Boyd is a CTU systems analyst.
Jennifer Westfeldt, meanwhile, will also feature in the recurring role of a journalist and Nazneen Contractor will appear as Kapoor’s daughter.
Plot details are being kept tightly under wraps although the action is expected to shift from Washington to New York.
Season 7 of the acclaimed, award-winning drama has just finished in both the US and UK and left Sutherland’s Bauer clinging to life as his daughter attempted to save him from a virus.
It also involved a few more cliffhanger scenarios and was widely perceived as a return to form for the series.
- Buy the 2-disc extended collector's edition of 24: Redemption (Amazon)
- Buy the 1-disc version (Amazon)
- 24: Day 7 - 3am to 4am reviewed
- 24: Day 7 - 1am to 2am reviewed
- 24: Day 7 - 6pm to 8pm reviewed
- 24: Day 7 - 4pm to 5pm reviewed
- 24: Day 7 - 1pm to 2pm reviewed
- 24: Day 7 - 12pm to 1pm reviewed
- 24: Day 7 (Pilot episode reviewed)
- 24: Redemption Reviewed
- 24: Season 6 Reviewed
- 24: Season 6 - First 2 hours reviewed
- 24: Season 6: 8am to 10am reviewed
- 24: Season 6 - Morris torture reviewed
- 24: Season 6 - America angered by torure scenes
- 24 renewed until 2009 as revamp promised
- Read our review of Season 5
- 24: Behind The Scenes
- 24: Season 4 reviewed
- 24: Season 3 reviewed
- 24: Season 2 review
- 24: Season 1 review