Glee planning a Rocky Horror Show themed episode
Story by Jack Foley
THE cast of Glee will perform a Rocky Horror Picture Show themed episode as part of the incoming second season.
The revelation was made during the show’s Comic-Con panel in San Diego, when co-creator Ryan Murphy revealed that he and the writers were working on it, in answer to Chris Colfer’s suggestion that he wanted to do The Time Warp.
The Rocky Horror revelation means that Glee will continue to do random tribute episodes, such as the Madonna and Lady Gaga tributes that made up part of season one.
A Britney Spears themed episode is already announced for the second season, while a whole episode devoted to Artie and Tina is also in the pipeline.
However, Murphy was quick to point out that there would also be more focus on the series’ central characters during the sophomore run.
“The next season will be more intimate,” he told Comic-Con.
Other ‘spoilers’ include finding that Tina has fallen out of love with Artie and in love with Mike Chang (aka Other Asian), that Mercedes will start performing at her church and that Kurt will also be attending as part of a religion-themed hour.
In addition, two of season one’s recurring guests, Kristin Chenoweth and Idina Menzel, will also be coming back.
A fan suggestion that another themed episode could be built around a classic musical, such as Guys & Dolls, was also taken on board by Murphy, who seemed receptive to the notion.
- Glee Website (UK)
- Buy Glee: The Music - Volume 3: Showstoppers (Amazon)
- Buy Glee: The Power of Madonna (Amazon)
- Buy Glee: Road To Sectionals - Volume 1 (Amazon)
- Buy Glee: The Music - Volume 2 (Amazon)
- Buy Glee: The Music - Volume 1 (Amazon)
- Glee - The Road To Sectionals, Volume 1 reviewed
- Glee - The Music, Volume 1 reviewed
- Glee - The Music, Volume 2 reviewed
- Glee - First two episodes reviewed
- Glee triumphs at Golden Globes
- Glee Photo Gallery