Lucille Sharp and Cara Theobold join Downton Abbey
Story by Jack Foley
LUCILLE Sharp (pictured right) and Cara Theobold have joined the third season of Downton Abbey.
According to Digital Spy, Sharp has joined as lady’s maid Miss Reid while Theobold will play a new kitchen maid called Ivy.
The news follows last week’s announcement that War Horse star Matt Milne had been signed up to play a footman named Alfred.
The third season of the period drama is due to air on ITV this autumn.
Sharp has previously appeared on TV in Edgar Allan Poe: Love, Death and Women but is a regular theatre performer whose credits include The Crucible at York Theatre Royal and Girl X at the National Theatre of Scotland.
Theobold (bottom right), meanwhile, is in her final year at Guildhall School of Music and Drama.
- Buy it on DVD (Amazon)
- Buy it on Blu-ray (Amazon)
- Downton Abbey to return for third series
- Downton Abbey Season 2 - First episode reviewed
- Downton Abbey Season 1: 10 Reasons Why We Fell in Love
- Downton Abbey: The final episode reviewed
- Downton Abbey finale attracts 11m viewers
- Joanne Froggatt: Downton Abbey role was tailor-maid for change
- Downton Abbey Photo Gallery
- Downton Abbey: First episode reviewed