Against Mussolini Gallery
AGAINST Mussolini: Art and the Fall of a Dictator, an exhibition of powerful works of anti-Fascist imagery, is on display at the Estorick Collection of Modern Italian Art until December 19, 2010.
While several major exhibitions have been devoted to exploring the propaganda imagery of Fascist Italy, art produced by those hostile to Mussolini and his regime has received surprisingly little attention in recent years.
The exhibition draws on a wide range of material – painting, sculpture, graphic design and documentation – to provide a comprehensive and illuminating study of this under-explored area of modern Italian culture. View some of the exhibits…
Roll your mouse over the left and right-hand sides of the image and then click to view more pictures.
- The Years of La Dolce Vita Gallery
- A Dialogue with Nature Gallery
- Vikings: life and legend Gallery
- Giorgio de Chirico: Myth and Mystery Gallery
- Shunga: sex and pleasure in Japanese art
- Daumier (1808 - 1879): Visions of Paris Gallery
- Australia at the Royal Academy of Arts Gallery
- Richard Rogers RA: Inside Out Gallery
- Collecting Gauguin Gallery
- Emilio Greco: Sacred and Profane Gallery