Alberto Burri: Form and Matter Gallery
ALBERTO Burri: Form and Matter, at the Estorick Collection of Modern Italian Art from January 13 to April 8, 2012, is the first major retrospective exhibition of the artist’s work to be held in the United Kingdom.
It offers a comprehensive overview of Burri’s achievement through some forty powerful works spanning four decades, ranging from rare, early figurative pieces of the late 1940s to the ground-breaking abstract works for which he is best known. Here are some examples of his work…
Roll your mouse over the left and right-hand sides of the image and then click to view more pictures.
- Hokusai: beyond the Great Wave Gallery
- America after the Fall: Painting in the 1930s
- Launch images for the British Museum's South Africa: the art of a nation exhibition
- Intrigue: James Ensor by Luc Tuymans Gallery
- David Hockney RA: 82 Portraits and 1 Still Life
- Abstract Expressionism Gallery
- Sicily: culture and conquest Gallery
- Painting the Modern Garden: Monet to Matisse Gallery
- Light, time, legacy: Francis Towne’s watercolours of Rome Gallery
- Dressed by Angels Gallery