Australia at the Royal Academy of Arts Gallery
AUSTRALIA, the most significant survey of Australian art ever mounted in the UK, will be on display at the Royal Academy of Arts (Main Galleries) from September 21 to December 8, 2013.
Focusing on the influence of the landscape, Australia will span more than 200 years from 1800 to the present day and will feature over 200 works, including paintings, drawings, photography, watercolours and multimedia. Here are just a few examples….
Roll your mouse over the left and right-hand sides of the image and then click to view more pictures.
- Hokusai: beyond the Great Wave Gallery
- America after the Fall: Painting in the 1930s
- Launch images for the British Museum's South Africa: the art of a nation exhibition
- Intrigue: James Ensor by Luc Tuymans Gallery
- David Hockney RA: 82 Portraits and 1 Still Life
- Abstract Expressionism Gallery
- Sicily: culture and conquest Gallery
- Painting the Modern Garden: Monet to Matisse Gallery
- Light, time, legacy: Francis Towne’s watercolours of Rome Gallery
- Dressed by Angels Gallery