Constable, Gainsborough, Turner Gallery
THIS DECEMBER, an exhibition of works by the three towering figures of English landscape painting, John Constable RA, Thomas Gainsborough RA and JMW Turner RA and their contemporaries, will open in the John Madejski Fine Rooms and the Weston Rooms at the Royal Academy of Arts.
Constable, Gainsborough, Turner and the Making of Landscape, on display from December 8, 2012 to February 17, 2013, will explore the development of the British School of Landscape Painting through the display of 120 works of art, comprising paintings, prints, books and archival material. View some examples…
Roll your mouse over the left and right-hand sides of the image and then click to view more pictures.
- The Years of La Dolce Vita Gallery
- A Dialogue with Nature Gallery
- Vikings: life and legend Gallery
- Giorgio de Chirico: Myth and Mystery Gallery
- Shunga: sex and pleasure in Japanese art
- Daumier (1808 - 1879): Visions of Paris Gallery
- Australia at the Royal Academy of Arts Gallery
- Richard Rogers RA: Inside Out Gallery
- Collecting Gauguin Gallery
- Emilio Greco: Sacred and Profane Gallery