Degas and the Ballet Gallery
FROM SEPTEMBER 17 to December 11, 2011, the Royal Academy of Arts will stage a landmark exhibition focusing on Edgar Degas’ preoccupution with movement as an artist of the dance.
Entitled Degas and the Ballet: Picturing Movement, it will trace the development of the artist’s ballet imagery throughout his career, from the documentary mode of the early 1870s to the sensuous expressiveness of his final years. Here are some examples…
Roll your mouse over the left and right-hand sides of the image and then click to view more pictures.
- Giorgio de Chirico: Myth and Mystery Gallery
- Shunga: sex and pleasure in Japanese art
- Daumier (1808 - 1879): Visions of Paris Gallery
- Australia at the Royal Academy of Arts Gallery
- Richard Rogers RA: Inside Out Gallery
- Collecting Gauguin Gallery
- Emilio Greco: Sacred and Profane Gallery
- Mexico: A Revolution in Art, 1910 - 1940 - RA Gallery
- Stranger Gallery
- Ultra Vanities Gallery