Degas and the Ballet Gallery
FROM SEPTEMBER 17 to December 11, 2011, the Royal Academy of Arts will stage a landmark exhibition focusing on Edgar Degas’ preoccupution with movement as an artist of the dance.
Entitled Degas and the Ballet: Picturing Movement, it will trace the development of the artist’s ballet imagery throughout his career, from the documentary mode of the early 1870s to the sensuous expressiveness of his final years. Here are some examples…
Roll your mouse over the left and right-hand sides of the image and then click to view more pictures.
- Rubens and His Legacy: Van Dyck to Cézanne Gallery
- A Victorian Obsession Gallery
- Remembrance Poppies At The Tower of London - Photo Gallery
- Giovanni Battista Moroni Gallery
- Tiger Territory Gallery
- Anselm Kiefer Gallery
- The Dandy Lion Project Gallery
- Radical Geometry Gallery
- The Years of La Dolce Vita Gallery
- A Dialogue with Nature Gallery