Degas and the Ballet Gallery
FROM SEPTEMBER 17 to December 11, 2011, the Royal Academy of Arts will stage a landmark exhibition focusing on Edgar Degas’ preoccupution with movement as an artist of the dance.
Entitled Degas and the Ballet: Picturing Movement, it will trace the development of the artist’s ballet imagery throughout his career, from the documentary mode of the early 1870s to the sensuous expressiveness of his final years. Here are some examples…
Roll your mouse over the left and right-hand sides of the image and then click to view more pictures.
- David Hockney RA: 82 Portraits and 1 Still Life
- Abstract Expressionism Gallery
- Sicily: culture and conquest Gallery
- Painting the Modern Garden: Monet to Matisse Gallery
- Light, time, legacy: Francis Towne’s watercolours of Rome Gallery
- Dressed by Angels Gallery
- Jean-Etienne Liotard Gallery
- Ai Weiwei Gallery
- Desire Jewellery and Silversmithing Fair Gallery
- Rubens and His Legacy: Van Dyck to Cézanne Gallery