Hampton Court in Snow Gallery (January 2010)
As the cold snap took grip of the country bringing transport chaos to thousands and plunging temperatures to record lows, there was some beauty amid the frustration to be found. Hampton Court Palace may have closed to the public during the bad weather but its grounds (or those you could reach by foot) were transformed into a winter wonderland. Check out some photos (taken on January 7, 2010).
Roll your mouse over the left and right-hand sides of the image and then click to view more pictures.
- Abstract Expressionism Gallery
- Sicily: culture and conquest Gallery
- Painting the Modern Garden: Monet to Matisse Gallery
- Light, time, legacy: Francis Towne’s watercolours of Rome Gallery
- Dressed by Angels Gallery
- Jean-Etienne Liotard Gallery
- Ai Weiwei Gallery
- Desire Jewellery and Silversmithing Fair Gallery
- Rubens and His Legacy: Van Dyck to Cézanne Gallery
- A Victorian Obsession Gallery