Journey through the afterlife Gallery
THE BRITISH Museum’s major Autumn exhibition, Journey through the afterlife: ancient Egyptian Book of the Dead, runs from November 4, 2010 to March 6, 2011.
The exhibition, supported by BP, will present and explore ancient Egyptian beliefs about life after death. It will showcase the rich textual and visual material from the British Museum’s unparalleled collection of Book of the Dead papyri. Check out some of the exhibits…
Roll your mouse over the left and right-hand sides of the image and then click to view more pictures.
- Launch images for the British Museum's South Africa: the art of a nation exhibition
- Intrigue: James Ensor by Luc Tuymans Gallery
- David Hockney RA: 82 Portraits and 1 Still Life
- Abstract Expressionism Gallery
- Sicily: culture and conquest Gallery
- Painting the Modern Garden: Monet to Matisse Gallery
- Light, time, legacy: Francis Towne’s watercolours of Rome Gallery
- Dressed by Angels Gallery
- Jean-Etienne Liotard Gallery
- Ai Weiwei Gallery