Peter Lely: A Lyrical Vision Gallery
PETER Lely: A Lyrical Vision, on display at The Courtauld Gallery until Sunday, January 13, 2013, is the first exhibition to examine the remarkable but forgotten group of large-scale narrative paintings produced in the 1640s and 1650s by Peter Lely (1618 – 80), England’s leading painter after the death of Anthony van Dyck.
Roll your mouse over the left and right-hand sides of the image and then click to view more pictures.
- David Hockney RA: 82 Portraits and 1 Still Life
- Abstract Expressionism Gallery
- Sicily: culture and conquest Gallery
- Painting the Modern Garden: Monet to Matisse Gallery
- Light, time, legacy: Francis Towne’s watercolours of Rome Gallery
- Dressed by Angels Gallery
- Jean-Etienne Liotard Gallery
- Ai Weiwei Gallery
- Desire Jewellery and Silversmithing Fair Gallery
- Rubens and His Legacy: Van Dyck to Cézanne Gallery