Peter Lely: A Lyrical Vision Gallery
PETER Lely: A Lyrical Vision, on display at The Courtauld Gallery until Sunday, January 13, 2013, is the first exhibition to examine the remarkable but forgotten group of large-scale narrative paintings produced in the 1640s and 1650s by Peter Lely (1618 – 80), England’s leading painter after the death of Anthony van Dyck.
Roll your mouse over the left and right-hand sides of the image and then click to view more pictures.
- Giorgio Casali Gallery
- Gold: Status and Glory Gallery
- Editions: Contemporary Rugs for Collectors Gallery
- Growing Talent Gallery
- George Bellows Gallery
- Life and death in Pompeii and Herculaneum Gallery
- Becoming Picasso Gallery
- Desire Fair 2013 Gallery
- Manet: Portraying Life Gallery
- Giorgio Morandi: Lines of Poetry Gallery