Shakespeare: staging the world Gallery
SHAKESPEARE: staging the world, on display at the British Museum from July 19 to November 25, 2012, provides a new and unique insight into the emerging role of London as a world city four hundred years ago, interpreted through the innovative perspective of Shakespeare’s plays.
The exhibition features over 190 objects, more than half of which are lent from private and national UK collections, as well as key loans from abroad.
Roll your mouse over the left and right-hand sides of the image and then click to view more pictures.
- Anselm Kiefer Gallery
- The Dandy Lion Project Gallery
- Radical Geometry Gallery
- The Years of La Dolce Vita Gallery
- A Dialogue with Nature Gallery
- Vikings: life and legend Gallery
- Giorgio de Chirico: Myth and Mystery Gallery
- Shunga: sex and pleasure in Japanese art
- Daumier (1808 - 1879): Visions of Paris Gallery
- Australia at the Royal Academy of Arts Gallery