The Dandy Lion Project Gallery
SHANTRELLE P. Lewis’ The Dandy Lion Project is a captivating travelling exhibition project featuring images by international photographers and filmmakers from various regions around the world.
Their subject matter is young Black men in city-landscapes across the globe, who defy stereotypical and monolithic understandings of masculinity. Here are just a few, all courtesy and copyright of Sara Shamsavari.
Roll your mouse over the left and right-hand sides of the image and then click to view more pictures.
- Hokusai: beyond the Great Wave Gallery
- America after the Fall: Painting in the 1930s
- Launch images for the British Museum's South Africa: the art of a nation exhibition
- Intrigue: James Ensor by Luc Tuymans Gallery
- David Hockney RA: 82 Portraits and 1 Still Life
- Abstract Expressionism Gallery
- Sicily: culture and conquest Gallery
- Painting the Modern Garden: Monet to Matisse Gallery
- Light, time, legacy: Francis Towne’s watercolours of Rome Gallery
- Dressed by Angels Gallery