Toulouse-Lautrec and Jane Avril Gallery
AN EXHIBITION entitled Toulouse-Lautrec and Jane Avril: Beyond the Moulin Rouge will be on display at The Courtauld Gallery from June 16 to September 18, 2011.
Nicknamed La Mélinite after a powerful form of explosive, the dancer Jane Avril (1868-1943) was one of the stars of the Moulin Rouge in the 1890s. Known for her alluring style and exotic persona, her fame was assured by a series of dazzlingly inventive posters designed by the artist Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec (1864-1901).
Roll your mouse over the left and right-hand sides of the image and then click to view more pictures.
- Rubens and His Legacy: Van Dyck to Cézanne Gallery
- A Victorian Obsession Gallery
- Remembrance Poppies At The Tower of London - Photo Gallery
- Giovanni Battista Moroni Gallery
- Tiger Territory Gallery
- Anselm Kiefer Gallery
- The Dandy Lion Project Gallery
- Radical Geometry Gallery
- The Years of La Dolce Vita Gallery
- A Dialogue with Nature Gallery