Toulouse-Lautrec and Jane Avril Gallery
AN EXHIBITION entitled Toulouse-Lautrec and Jane Avril: Beyond the Moulin Rouge will be on display at The Courtauld Gallery from June 16 to September 18, 2011.
Nicknamed La Mélinite after a powerful form of explosive, the dancer Jane Avril (1868-1943) was one of the stars of the Moulin Rouge in the 1890s. Known for her alluring style and exotic persona, her fame was assured by a series of dazzlingly inventive posters designed by the artist Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec (1864-1901).
Roll your mouse over the left and right-hand sides of the image and then click to view more pictures.
- Giorgio Casali Gallery
- Gold: Status and Glory Gallery
- Editions: Contemporary Rugs for Collectors Gallery
- Growing Talent Gallery
- George Bellows Gallery
- Life and death in Pompeii and Herculaneum Gallery
- Becoming Picasso Gallery
- Desire Fair 2013 Gallery
- Manet: Portraying Life Gallery
- Giorgio Morandi: Lines of Poetry Gallery