Toulouse-Lautrec and Jane Avril Gallery
AN EXHIBITION entitled Toulouse-Lautrec and Jane Avril: Beyond the Moulin Rouge will be on display at The Courtauld Gallery from June 16 to September 18, 2011.
Nicknamed La Mélinite after a powerful form of explosive, the dancer Jane Avril (1868-1943) was one of the stars of the Moulin Rouge in the 1890s. Known for her alluring style and exotic persona, her fame was assured by a series of dazzlingly inventive posters designed by the artist Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec (1864-1901).
Roll your mouse over the left and right-hand sides of the image and then click to view more pictures.
- Tiger Territory Gallery
- Anselm Kiefer Gallery
- The Dandy Lion Project Gallery
- Radical Geometry Gallery
- The Years of La Dolce Vita Gallery
- A Dialogue with Nature Gallery
- Vikings: life and legend Gallery
- Giorgio de Chirico: Myth and Mystery Gallery
- Shunga: sex and pleasure in Japanese art
- Daumier (1808 - 1879): Visions of Paris Gallery