Treasures from the Khalili Collection Gallery
THE EARLIEST known accurate panoramic view of Mecca is one of over forty-five important objects to be loaned by the Nasser D. Khalili Collection of Islamic Art to the British Museum for the exhibition Hajj: journey to the heart of Islam.
The exhibition is on view in the Round Reading Room until April 15, 2012.
Roll your mouse over the left and right-hand sides of the image and then click to view more pictures.
- Sicily: culture and conquest Gallery
- Painting the Modern Garden: Monet to Matisse Gallery
- Light, time, legacy: Francis Towne’s watercolours of Rome Gallery
- Dressed by Angels Gallery
- Jean-Etienne Liotard Gallery
- Ai Weiwei Gallery
- Desire Jewellery and Silversmithing Fair Gallery
- Rubens and His Legacy: Van Dyck to Cézanne Gallery
- A Victorian Obsession Gallery
- Remembrance Poppies At The Tower of London - Photo Gallery
<!—START MERCHANT:merchant name Marks and Sp