Watteau: The Drawings Gallery
THE ROYAL Academy of Arts is presenting the first major retrospective exhibition of Jean-Antoine Watteau’s drawings to be held in the UK. Entitled Watteau: The Drawings, it will be on display from March 12 to June 5, 2011.
The exhibition will contain over 80 works on paper produced by the French artist. The exhibition will be organised chronologically and will examine the development and mastery of his drawing methods. View some examples of his work…
Roll your mouse over the left and right-hand sides of the image and then click to view more pictures.
- America after the Fall: Painting in the 1930s
- Launch images for the British Museum's South Africa: the art of a nation exhibition
- Intrigue: James Ensor by Luc Tuymans Gallery
- David Hockney RA: 82 Portraits and 1 Still Life
- Abstract Expressionism Gallery
- Sicily: culture and conquest Gallery
- Painting the Modern Garden: Monet to Matisse Gallery
- Light, time, legacy: Francis Towne’s watercolours of Rome Gallery
- Dressed by Angels Gallery
- Jean-Etienne Liotard Gallery