Pixar's Up opens Cannes - Gallery
The 62nd Cannes Film Festival was opened with an animated film, Pixar’s 3D Up – the first time a film of its kind has launched the event. To mark the occasion, a host of celebrities donned the special 3D glasses to watch the animated comedy in which 78-year-old Carl Fredricksen fulfills his dream of a great adventure when he ties thousands of balloons to his house and flies away to the wilds of South America, only to discover that his biggest nightmare has stowed away on the trip: an overly optimistic 8-year-old Wilderness Explorer named Russell. View photos from the opening event.
Roll your mouse over the left and right-hand sides of the image and then click to view more pictures.
- Interstellar (Matthew McConaughey/Anne Hathaway) Photo Gallery 1
- Dracula Untold stars visit British Library’s Terror and Wonder: The Gothic Imagination exhibition - in photos
- The Equalizer (Denzel Washington) Photo Gallery
- Interstellar (Matthew McConaughey) Poster Gallery
- The Expendables 3 Photo Gallery
- Fury (Brad Pitt/Logan Lerman) Banner Poster Gallery
- Guardians of the Galaxy - Official Illustrative Poster Series by Matt Ferguson
- Mad Max: Fury Road (Tom Hardy) First-look Photo Gallery
- Dawn of the Planet of the Apes Photo Gallery
- The Fault In Our Stars (Shailene Woodley/Ansel Elgort) Photo Gallery